If you are like me, stress is the one thing that ruins everything. It disturbs sleep, makes one eat more/not eat, rapid heart beat and so much more. Plus, science can prove stress contributes to disease and shortens life expectancy – yikes. My goal in 2017 is not to eliminate stress, which is impossible. Instead my goal is to reduce needless stress.
If there was a three step or multi step program to reduce stress quickly, I would have done it years ago. This year, I actually have a plan to keep needless stress at bay.
Here is the plan.
- Always do what is right – the first time.
- Reduce clutter in the house
- Reduce brain candy – checking the Internet/email throughout the day.
- Remember somethings are beyond my control. Accept and move forward.
- Engage in more physical activity to control emotions. Use workout time as a way to work though problems.
- Slow down. Talk and walk slower before reacting.
- Look for the humor in uncomfortable situations.
- Spend more time with true friends.
- Have an action plan for the day with measurable results.
This is my plan for 2017. Hopefully by July I will have made progress. If not, what is the worst that will happen? Stress? Ha.
What is your plan or goals for this new year?
Sharon, The Mayor